New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

[politics] School lunch and idiots in the capital

Started by Serika, December 20, 2013, 11:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serika

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/12/18/georgia-republican-jack-kingston-kids-sweep-cafeteria-floors-food.html

So some politician with a silver spoon up his ass who probably never had to work a day in his life wants to beat some work ethic into school kids who have poor parents. Yep, make the little buggers sweep the floor if they want to eat sometime today. "No such thing as a free lunch," at least if your dad just lost his job that is. This basically amounts to punishing kids for the short comings of their parents by giving them extra work that isn't required of the other students. Rather than teaching work ethic, having them sweep the floor while the other kids point and laugh just hammers in the idea that they are beneath their peers.

You know what public schools ought to do about lunch? Give it to the students for free. Yeah, that's right, a 'free lunch'. Why you ask? Because we already pay tax dollars out the ass to support these public schools, and they usually buy the most inexpensive pig slop they can legally feed to their students anyway, so just putting this cardboard pizza in the school budget would be more efficient than putting someone on the clock to sell lunch tickets. If you are a student at this school, you may take one lunch per school day from the cafeteria, that's what the official policy should be.

Something positive would come from doing it like this (i mean besides feeding hungry children.) A free lunch would encourage the poorest students to stay in school. If you do stupid things and cause trouble, vandalize school property and skip class all the time, you get suspended and sometimes expelled, right? Well, you can't take food from the cafeteria if you're no longer a student. It might not teach any work ethic, but it will teach kids that their lives will be better if they stay out of trouble and get good grades. It wouldn't be a hard choice between a school that takes care of their needs VS dumpster diving behind McDonalds for half eaten Big Macs.

And our state reps don't understand this. Somehow i am not surprised.
On the internet you're only as smrt as your spell checker.

FallenStar

Why am I not surprised that this is a Republican?  God, I swear, it's like the Republican party has lost their collective minds of late...  First the whole bullshit with rape, then homosexuality and now THIS?!  I'm glad I'll not planning on voting for a very long time; if this is the brave new political world of the future, then we're all going to hell in a handbasket.   :death:
Welp... I'm fucked...