Author Topic: THAT WAS FUCKING BULLSHIT! (Final Fantasy, NES, related)  (Read 1821 times)

Offline FallenStar

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • FallenStar fail many times, yesh?
THAT WAS FUCKING BULLSHIT! (Final Fantasy, NES, related)
« on: December 10, 2013, 07:38:37 AM »
Okay, seriously... I'm beginning to think Final Fantasy's RNG is just fucking trolling me now. I've started a third playthrough (well, third in the past week or so, lol) of Final Fantasy, now using a Fighter, a Thief, a Blackbelt, and a White Mage and having a lot of trouble hitting the enemies of late whilst leveling up and gold-farming outside of Elfland.

Whilst doing so, I got into a fight with 4 Geists and they managed to get my entire party paralyzed except for my Blackbelt, who I keep telling to run every turn but who couldn't seem to escape. Then, I finally get my white mage back and try to cast Harm to wipe them out but then she gets stunned. THEN... eventually, her HP is expended and she dies and RIGHT AFTER THAT... I MEAN LITERALLY RIGHT AFTER THAT, the Blackbelt manages to Flee.  :censored:  :censored:  :censored:  :censored:  :double fuck:

So... I reload my savestate ("This is why we have savestates" - HCBailly)... and manage to flee on the first turn... Later, I run into a pair of Ogres. Having had trouble actually hitting the enemies, I tell my whole party to target one Ogre and what do you think happens? The Fighter critical hits the Ogre, killing it, and making the rest of my party's attacks do absolutely nothing.

WHAT IN THE HIGH FLYING HOLY  :censored: :censored: :double fuck:

Seriously, what RNG god did I piss off this morning?  :lol:

Well... we're fucked...

Offline Serika

• Vile Miscreant
  • Universal Moderator ULTIMATE
Re: THAT WAS FUCKING BULLSHIT! (Final Fantasy, NES, related)
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 06:26:44 PM »
Yeah, hitting defeated monsters is the biggest pain in the ass. I can't believe Squaresoft didn't fix that until FF4.

You know when the RNG is really biased against you? When these guys get to strike first. xD
On the internet you're only as smrt as your spell checker.

Offline FallenStar

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 08:21:46 PM »
Good lord... what is that, 81 Sorcerers?! That's about as bad as getting ambushed attacked by 8 metal slimes in Dragon Warrior.   :lol:

Well... we're fucked...

Offline Serika

• Vile Miscreant
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 08:31:09 PM »
Nah dood. All 8 of those metal slimes are going to run away before you can even input your first command. :lol:

Offline FallenStar

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 10:59:05 PM »
The Sorcerers I encountered in the Past temple of Fiends did the same thing; one or two would Stun me so the others could run away...   :lol:

Well... we're fucked...

Offline FallenStar

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 09:36:29 AM »
I swear to fucking god... If I had played the original Final Fantasy before the dubbed Final Fantasy IV (II US on the SNES), I would NOT be a freaking Final Fantasy fan...

I am getting so sick of being ambush attacked and poisoned before I can even say WTF.

I am getting so sick of having enemies use their elemental attacks ONE blasted second before my white mage uses Anti-Ice/Anti-Fire/Anti-Lightning.

I am getting so sick of having enemies hit my white mage over and over again until she's dead despite it only being a 12.5% chance of her being hit.

I am getting so sick of being instant killed by Rub with no sort of instant death protection until AFTER the fucking cave where it would be most needed.

I am getting so sick of useless swords that don't have the elemental properties they are supposed to, leaving me with the Silver Swords for 50% of the damn game.

Nasir, you fucktard; you screwed this game up ten ways from Sunday and I have NO fucking clue how the HELL this series managed to save itself after this bullshit of a game. This game is so bad, AVGN should review it.  This game is so bad, it's almost LJN quality sometimes.  :lol:

[/rant over]

Well... we're fucked...

Offline Serika

• Vile Miscreant
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 12:15:40 PM »
I am getting so sick of having enemies use their elemental attacks ONE blasted second before my white mage uses Anti-Ice/Anti-Fire/Anti-Lightning.

I find that a defensive strategy usually doesn't work in this game. Especially with bosses. A long boss fight is a losing boss fight. The best way to deal with these guys is to get the fast spell on your fighter and black belt and maybe have the white mage heal preemptively, then blow away the boss in one or two rounds. I never use the elemental protection spells unless i'm fighting Kary.

Even with all the bugs, though, i'd rather play this than any of the games Square-Enix is making these days. :lol:

Offline FallenStar

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 12:57:01 PM »
It wasn't even the bosses that were creaming me like that; it was the random encounters... particularly things like Frost wolves and the like that cast Frost or Cremate or Blaze RIGHT before my white mage/wizard casts the proper anti-spell. It's utterly horrendous programming.

I'm aware of using Fast to kill the bosses quickly enough, though; I did pay attention during HCBailly's LP. xP

You might have a point; at least this game is slow and menu based to allow my brain time to catch up and figure out what to do; it's not all about setting up a party and letting it do all the work in battle - like FFXIII - and at least it's not full of 10 years of cutscenes   :lol:

Well... we're fucked...