Author Topic: What the glitch?! xD  (Read 2133 times)

Offline FallenStar

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • FallenStar fail many times, yesh?
What the glitch?! xD
« on: August 21, 2013, 01:14:08 PM »
So I was playing Ocarina of Time on my Project 64 emulator and I came across the scene depicted below in the image. Talk about a glitch, huh? xP

Well... we're fucked...

Offline Jackkosa

• Dedicated Gamer
  • Advanced Member
Re: What the glitch?! xD
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 12:02:54 AM »
And Ingo's probably on the other side screaming his face off. Actually I've never seen one of the horses naturally wander off that far from there usual path. I wonder if they have that same clipping error in the 3ds version?

Offline FallenStar

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 10:56:46 AM »
Oh please, knowing him, Ingo's probably enjoying being sucked off by that horse. It's a male horse, probably; and that would explain why he hates Epona since she's a female horse.   :lol:

Clipping, ah yes... I'm still new to the terminology but I think after watching ProtonJon LP Superman 64 that I'm starting to pick up on a few words and terms such as that one... I've heard a lot of FPSes and games like Grand Theft  Auto have a lot of clipping issues that one can activate. 'Course, those games aren't my forte - I'm more into RPGs but I haven't played a new game since Star Ocean: Till the End of Time.  Unless KHII is newer, lol.

Well... we're fucked...

Offline FallenStar

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 04:31:15 PM »
Well, shit... apparently, that glitch was so awesome that when I got to the Fire Temple and got about halfway through it - I was about to fight the first Flare Dancer - my whole emulator crashed. Boo.   :crying:

Well... we're fucked...

Offline Jackkosa

• Dedicated Gamer
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 08:20:49 PM »
Did you at least save (or save-state) nearby? Because otherwise it will probably be a pain to get back.

Offline FallenStar

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 08:42:12 PM »
I think I might have savestated pretty close but if the emulator is going to keep crashing, then I might not really want to get back to it for a very long time... It keeps crashing at random spots in Ocarina of Time. It won't crash on Mario 64 or Mario Kart 64 for some stupid ass reason, though.   :crying:

Well... we're fucked...

Offline Jackkosa

• Dedicated Gamer
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 12:21:09 AM »
I remember stopping emulating N64 games mainly due to their sheer bugginess. Its been years now since I last did it but I can say the newer DS emulators run better than my project64 experience.

Offline FallenStar

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 09:13:27 AM »
Maybe I should try a DS emulator then... I'd love to play Chrono Trigger DS on a bigger screen.   :drool:

Yeah, Project 64 is buggy, but it only seems to be buggy for Ocarina of Time - no other game I've got has crashed like that... and the same thing seemed to be true with Dolphin and Wind Waker... WTF, Aonuma?! Y WON'T YOU LET ME PLAY ZELDA GAMES FOR FREE?!  :lol:

Well... we're fucked...

Offline FallenStar

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 06:51:53 PM »
Well, of all the stupid shit... now it's working fine again - my savestate was like a couple of rooms back in the Fire Temple and when I loaded it up, it worked fine all the way through the rest of the Temple, the Water Temple, the Shadow Temple and Gerudo Fortress...  stupid effin' thing...  :lol:

Well... we're fucked...

Offline Jackkosa

• Dedicated Gamer
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2013, 12:46:48 AM »
Well it is about as consistent as my Wii wanting to read my copy of Windwaker. Sure it is a bit scratched up, but that doesn't excuse it being able to read it perfectly now as to erroring every five minutes a month ago.

Offline FallenStar

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2013, 02:12:10 AM »
I just wish my Dolphin emulator would let me play Wind Waker... I hear it's a good game but the silly thing keeps crashing at random points so I never even got off the first island, lol.

Well... we're fucked...