Author Topic: Am I the only one who is sick of Minecraft.  (Read 1744 times)

Offline Jackkosa

• Dedicated Gamer
  • Advanced Member
Am I the only one who is sick of Minecraft.
« on: July 20, 2013, 11:38:48 PM »
At first I thought it was really cool and fun how you could play and create in randomly generated worlds. I use to be a semi-active of their forums, subscribed to popular Minecraft people and all of that stuff. But I guess as time passed and I pretty much memorized the ins and outs of the game I just got really bored with playing it. After I've built a mansion, gone to hell, and slain a dragon I really didn't feel like playing anymore. It might not help that I'm not creatively advanced to stay in this game for years and enjoy it. Mods don't make it feel anymore special, the videos felt like a hassle to watch, and their updates are just gotten to the point of just being silly (and Always buggy on the first release). For me its gotten to the point where I just take a sigh of boredom when I just hear Minecraft. It is not that it is a bad game it is just that once I learned the ropes and seen everything it had to offer I just stopped caring. So I'm wondering if there is anyone else in here who feels the same way? Of course I wouldn't post this on their forums unless I wanted to get chewed up.

Offline FallenStar

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • FallenStar fail many times, yesh?
Re: Am I the only one who is sick of Minecraft.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 12:19:38 AM »
You probably feel about Minecraft the same way I feel about Legos. I mean, building ships, buildings, great structures is all well and good but seriously how far can people really take it? There's Lego Star Wars, Lego Harry Potter, Lego my Eggo... what's next... Lego TV dinners?!   :lol:

Well... we're fucked...

Offline zryouiki

• Warboss
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 02:46:01 AM »
First of all, the obligatory sarcastic yes, you are the whole person in the whole world who is sick of it.

Now that that's out of the way, am I the only one who is sick of Half Life 2? I beat the game, beat it again, and beat it again. I've watched tons of videos and posted about it on forums. But now, I just can't stand when I hear it brought up. Watching new let's plays is a chore. Gosh, since I've gotten everything to get from it, why doesn't everyone stop liking it?

Oh wait that was still sarcastic.
Who would've known my fetish could be so Orwellian?

Offline Drying

• Advanced Member
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 06:17:04 PM »
I still like MineCraft.
I've never really enjoyed the mod-less ("vanilla") versions though.
It's all mod packs for me.
It's building complex machines and exploiting game mechanics which makes it interesting for me. Automating everything.
And the mods just add so much stuff to do to the game.
Also mods die and new ones are born every so often so it kind of stays fresh (while Minecraft itself goes from 1.5 to 1.6, takes months to do it and adds... horses).