Author Topic: Just screwing around  (Read 13305 times)

Offline Serika

• Vile Miscreant
  • Universal Moderator ULTIMATE
Re: Just screwing around
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2015, 09:10:27 PM »
I guess that would be 65535, which represents the same value as -1 in a two's complement representation of 16-bit integers (and yes, I know this by heart).
The more you know...

So what actually happens when you beat them? Same as when you fail?

Yeah, but they don't all have the same amount of HP according to the chart i looked at. I have no idea why Squaresoft would set the hex lower than FF:FF though.

The story plays out in the same way whether or not you win these battles, with the exception of killing the Dark Elf without first talking to Edward and getting his Twin Harp. You are normally supposed to get a game over if you fight him without the Twin Harp, and if you win he is still standing in front of the earth crystal as if you haven't talked to him yet.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 09:30:24 PM by Serika »
On the internet you're only as smrt as your spell checker.

Offline Serika

• Vile Miscreant
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2015, 01:26:50 PM »
I found a Game Genie code (F5A0-54A1) at GameHacking.org that causes all attacks to do 9999 damage in Chrono Trigger. At first i used this against Son of Sun to kill all the little flames with a cyclone attack (Remember to turn the code off when the enemy attacks YOU!!) but this was a bad idea. The core is immune to all attacks even with the code on and the only way to harm it is by hitting the little flame that is connected to it. Killing this little flame makes it to where you can't harm the core in any way so you can't end the battle.

I tried again, hitting the small flame with a normal attack and switching the code on when it sends damage to the core. I got it to do 9999 damage to the core. It died, leaving it's sprite on the screen, and after i killed all the little flames with this code the battle was over.

Nothing i can do about the ghost of Cyrus though. :p

Offline Serika

• Vile Miscreant
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2016, 11:10:13 PM »
Haha, well that's two video games i know of that have make a tossing the salad joke; Breath of Fire 2 for SNES and Magic Knight Rayearth for Sega Saturn.