Author Topic: Just screwing around  (Read 16383 times)

Offline Serika

• Vile Miscreant
  • Universal Moderator ULTIMATE
Re: Just screwing around
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2013, 11:50:47 PM »
Final Fantasy 1 is still fun after all these years. I never knew how to reach the Castle of Ordeals without the airship until now, so i started a new file just to do that.

I guess it stems from my dislike of docking the boat at a river. I always thought it was sloppy to leave the boat anywhere other than a port, so i never realized i could just use the river next to the castle. Of course, giving the rat tail to Bahamut is still impossible without the airship, but at least i'll get a Zeus Gauntlet out of it.
On the internet you're only as smrt as your spell checker.

Offline FallenStar

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • FallenStar fail many times, yesh?
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2013, 11:59:11 PM »
I'm not sure if your sig is parody or not, but the actual in-game quote is "This guy are sick". xP

Also, I must admit that I'm not finding your image to be all that amusing. Not because I'm a prude or anything but I'm bored with it. That's the sort of humor you'd find on Family Guy and I'm already quite sick of that. xP

That being said, have you tried lately to see if there's a way to modify the EXP you get after battle rather than the Characters' EXP in general? If so, I could use some of those codes - like get 500, 1000, 1500, etc EXP after battle  :clap:

EDIT: Also, please check the post I made regarding Hitomi's reference pic. =P

Well... we're fucked...

Offline Serika

• Vile Miscreant
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2013, 01:12:04 AM »
Quote from: Serika
6878-02-03E8 gives you 1000 exp after battle, but it comes with a bizarre side effect. Physical attacks always miss! I spent a good 5 minutes trying to beat up a single imp before my fighter landed a critical hit. Magic works just fine, but only critical hits will land.

Well, that's not supposed to happen... How the hell does that work? You tamper with EXP and you end up fucking over the Hit rate stat? O_O; I swear, I'll never understand how the experts find cheat codes with all the weird fucked up shit that can happen.  :lol:

Quote from: Serika
6882-02-0F26
Here's a funny code. It sets the amount of damage you do to 9999, even if it says otherwise on the screen. There's just one problem... enemies do 9999 damage to you too. I had my level 12 party get slaughtered by a bunch of fucking imps! :lol: 

Dayum, son... those Imps musta been eating their spinach, huh? I bet they went Super Saiyan 'cause you slaughtered all the rest of their race.   :lol:
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 01:27:59 AM by FallenStar »

Offline FallenStar

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2013, 01:28:37 AM »
Oops... modified that post instead of quoting it.   :death:

Well... we're fucked...

Offline Serika

• Vile Miscreant
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2013, 12:23:58 AM »
I just realized today that something funny happens in Final Fantasy 6 if you avoid talking to Shadow until the boat ride to Crescent Island. Normally you get to name him when you talk to him in South Figaro or Sabin's scenario, but you can ignore him if you want. I ignored Shadow in Kohlingen too, so when i got to that part on the boat where General Leo calls in Celes and Shadow he still wasn't named yet. First thing that happens when Shadow walks on the screen is the normal music is replaced with Shadow's theme, and rather abruptly too i might add. He says "I have forsaken the world. People call me..." and then it goes into the naming screen, after which the music changes back and the event proceeds normally.

I was also thinking of a no magicite run, but the conversation leading up to going to Jidoor (after finding Terra) won't occur until you pick up the Ramuh magicite. The rest of your party doesn't enter the room until you pick it up. Then i realized the Shiva magicite blocks the door leading to the research lab and you automatically get a ton of magicite after meeting Cid, so a no magicite run would be impossible. :p

Offline FallenStar

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2013, 12:45:14 AM »
You could just do a Natural Magic Run in which only Celes and Terra (and Strago, I guess) could use magic (Gogo too, I suppose); that's pretty much a no-magicite run in terms of battle, anyway =P

Interesting find about the Shadow thingie... I would never have guessed that would happen like that. xP

Well... we're fucked...

Offline Serika

• Vile Miscreant
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2014, 08:59:26 PM »
Started screwing around and now i'm trying to break FF6 again. I'm going to go through the world of balance and see if i can destroy the linear sequence of events by trying to go places i'm not supposed to. To start with, i'm trying to make what i call a "position modifier" code which places me whereever i want to be on the map screen, but... it's not going so well. As you can see by this screenshot my code doesn't quite work yet. :lol:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 10:19:37 PM by Serika »

Offline FallenStar

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2014, 09:14:03 PM »
What the hell... is the Airship actually ON the mountain? O_o;  How would you even get on and off of the thing in that case?  :lol:

Well... we're fucked...

Offline Serika

• Vile Miscreant
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2014, 10:23:30 PM »
No, it's on the grass, it's just that the screen is so distorted you can't tell where you are.

I don't even know how to describe this camera angle. It's like Terra's planet is an asteroid up in the sky and you're standing on the ground looking straight up as it falls toward you.

Offline FallenStar

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2014, 02:37:48 AM »
Oh I see... it looks like the map is tilted so that the top half is closer to the viewer whereas the lower half is further away... That is fucked up... how the hell did you manage to pull that off?   :lol:

Well... we're fucked...

Offline Serika

• Vile Miscreant
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2015, 04:18:15 PM »
Been a while since i've posted here but now i've got ATB codes for the SNES release of Final Fantasy 4 (FF2 US). These codes cause the monsters to just sit there and not do anything. You can defeat Rydia and Titan, kick Kain's ass while he just stands there saying "Durr...", and win anything else where the characters aren't moving on their own. You only have to turn these off while fighting Golbez and Zeromus, at least until you can damage them.

7E2A0900 Set Character 1 ATB to 0
7E2A1E00 Set Character 2 ATB to 0
7E2A3300 Set Character 3 ATB to 0
7E2A4800 Set Character 4 ATB to 0
7E2A5D00 Set Character 5 ATB to 0
7E2A7200 Set Enemy 1 ATB to 0
7E2A8700 Set Enemy 2 ATB to 0
7E2A9C00 Set Enemy 3 ATB to 0
7E2AB100 Set Enemy 4 ATB to 0
7E2AC600 Set Enemy 5 ATB to 0
7E2ADB00 Set Enemy 6 ATB to 0

Offline FallenStar

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2015, 04:45:37 PM »
Really... Rydia and Titan actually have HP values? I'm shocked. I knew Kain had them and I know that Zeromus (before you use the Crystal on him) has a similar thing to the Blue Dragon in that he can absorb Meteor (imagine my shock when I cast Meteor on a Blue Dragon only for it to absorb it  :S )... but I didn't know Rydia and Titan actually had HP that you could reduce to 0.  xD

Well... we're fucked...

Offline Serika

• Vile Miscreant
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2015, 06:29:25 PM »
They do. Around 60,000 to 65,500, same as all enemies that you're not supposed to defeat (Kain, King and Queen Elban, Dark Elf first fight, ect...)

I don't want to hurt Rydia though. Wouldn't want Edge to throw the spoon at me and do 9999 damage. :lol:

Offline FallenStar

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2015, 07:32:01 PM »
Please... with the way she treats him in the J2E translation, I don't think Edge would honestly care if she did bite the dust as a seven year old.   :lol:

Seriously, though, that depresses me. All my life I have shipped Edge/Rydia and only now after TAY and whatnot, do I realize that they were never meant to be together. Kinda makes me feel like all those stories I wrote in my youth were bullshit and nonsense.   :S

Well... we're fucked...

Offline Drying

• Advanced Member
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2015, 05:02:27 PM »
They do. Around 60,000 to 65,500, same as all enemies that you're not supposed to defeat (Kain, King and Queen Elban, Dark Elf first fight, ect...)
I guess that would be 65535, which represents the same value as -1 in a two's complement representation of 16-bit integers (and yes, I know this by heart).
The more you know...

So what actually happens when you beat them? Same as when you fail?