Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

List of FD/WS scenes in Manga

Started by Serika, June 22, 2007, 06:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skirsk

Rainyday

You know, I've been thinking for a while.

It's been seven years since this thread started, and Serika's done a really great job keeping the list document updated all the while.
But in the past few years, things like google drive have become more popular, and there are now easier ways to maintain public lists and databases, especially with by multiple people at once.

What does everyone think of the idea of porting this list and the anime list to a google document or spreadsheet, making it publicly viewable to anyone with the link, and giving edit permissions to anyone here who asks?

Then we can add new entries directly to the masterlist at any time, and it's an easier way of keeping track of data.

Of course, porting all the data initially will take some effort, so I'm wondering what everyone else thinks about it before we start doing anything.

Also, whether it should be a document or spreadsheet.
Document means it'll be more flexible and easier to put in things like scene summaries, spreadsheet means easier sorting/searching of the info.
If someone had magic coding knowledge they'd probably be able to create a database with a tagging system that combines the benefits of both, but that someone is not me.

(Also I really hope this doesn't sound like I'm trying to steal Serika's thunder - the way I see it, he's already done all the hard work: this is like taking a huge mountain that Serika's piled up and putting a small lighthouse at the top)

darklok

That sounds like a good idea Rainy. We should do that :D.
By the way... I don't know anything about codding... Yet xD. (In the future. i'll study that... Sooo, maybe one day this persona will make a new game here :V...).

Serika

Yes, that's an interesting idea, Rainyday. To be honest, i've been thinking that we might have to make a wiki or something in the future. When i first started keeping track of anime pee scenes back in 2006 i never thought my list would have more than 20 or so episodes on it, and now it's somewhere around 500.

We'll have to do something, eventually, because both of these lists are getting too big for their britches. :p
On the internet you're only as smrt as your spell checker.

Rainyday

Update: I was asking for advice on how to arrange the data most efficiently/easily and Kirito offered to be the magic coding person.

More details to follow.

warrior21

Two big issues that need to be addressed with the compilations. First, many videos in the anime list from 7 years ago linked to the now defunct megavideo site. Those need to be updated.

Second, many of the manga listed in the total compilation link to mangafox which has in the past 2 years taken down more than 50% of their listings for copyright issues.

In the new document going forward, I feel it would be best to strip away all current links to sources until each link has been verified and/or replaced.

Rainyday

Quote from: warrior21 on October 26, 2014, 12:00:36 AM
Two big issues that need to be addressed with the compilations. First, many videos in the anime list from 7 years ago linked to the now defunct megavideo site. Those need to be updated.

Second, many of the manga listed in the total compilation link to mangafox which has in the past 2 years taken down more than 50% of their listings for copyright issues.

In the new document going forward, I feel it would be best to strip away all current links to sources until each link has been verified and/or replaced.

Yeah, I knew that a bunch of links didn't work, but what I'm hoping to do is make the database easily editable so the links can be gradually updated, and also potentially updated by other users in future when the current links go down.
I've talked over features with Kirito and he's going to make something that isn't overcomplicated but much better for the job than what google docs could have offered.

Drying

Quote from: Rainyday on October 25, 2014, 10:42:27 PM
Update: I was asking for advice on how to arrange the data most efficiently/easily and Kirito offered to be the magic coding person.

More details to follow.
If help is required, I'm also a magic coding person (and quite decent too), but I'm one with little available time.

One feature I would like to have still, is to be able to download the data.
Things tend to disappear from the internet randomly, so it's good if some people can download a copy.

knuclear200x

Quote from: warrior21 on October 26, 2014, 12:00:36 AM

cant most of the items in the list be easily googled now though?

Rainyday

After a lot of hard work that I'm really thankful for, Kirito's finished a working version of the database:

http://scenelist.omorashi.org/anime

At the time of writing the manga database still needs to be imported, but feel free to start making accounts (which I think is optional) and adding scenes to the anime list.

Not all the features are present yet (I've requested some changes to the manga list parameters), and any feedback on usability is welcome.
I think Kirito deserves a break for a day or two though, so we'll leave that for now and focus on the anime list for now.

Hopefully the scene submission list doesn't look too overwhelming: the only three mandatory parameters at the moment are title/episode/scene start , but of course more detail is always helpful.

EDIT: Whoops I didn't notice that you can't make your own account.
Guests can submit entries but if you want a member/moderator position on the list, give me your email here (Or message it to me) and I'll create an account for you.

Zenix

Quote from: Rainyday on September 10, 2014, 12:26:35 AM
Quote from: Zenix on August 08, 2014, 03:23:26 PM
Quote from: Rainyday on July 09, 2014, 03:10:33 AM
Quote from: Rainyday on May 09, 2014, 01:23:23 AM
Quote from: Rainyday on March 09, 2014, 01:01:17 PM
Quote from: Rainyday on January 10, 2014, 02:58:25 AM
Quote from: Rainyday on November 09, 2013, 06:54:57 AM
Quote from: Rainyday on September 17, 2013, 05:12:24 AM
Quote from: Rainyday on July 11, 2013, 01:35:33 PM
Quote from: Rainyday on April 29, 2013, 02:44:28 AM
http://daioh.dengeki.com/webcomic/

ギリギリアウト

Bimonthly reminder.

Every two months until you like it

Ring ring ring.

First chapter of the newww yeaaarrr

It's time to read 『that』.

Girigirigirigirigiri

ご覧のスポンサーの提供でお送りします

So I just randomly went to the site today and the new chapter is already up a month early.

We continue as usual. New chapter.

And it's that time again. Been looking forward to this particular development for over a year.

Rainyday

skirsk

supadm

Beginnings of a desperation scene in Keijo!!!!!! (Some number of exclamation marks). A whole group of girls are trapped in a bath area, and one of them feels the need to go. This will probably be continued in the next chapter (As of this post, it is current).

This is a NSFW link (Nudity) so just be advised:

http://bato.to/read/_/287217/keijo_v2_ch11_by_akito/8